5 Superfoods We Always Overlook
There is much talk of superfoods from blueberries to seaweed there are a plethora to choose from but there are always a few overlooked, they are the unsung heroes of the superfood world.
- Cucumbers – Great for salads, burgers and chilled soups cucumber is a delicious addition to your diet. Great for rehydrating and boosting your electrolytes post-workout. Promoting eye and bone health whilst improving your immune system and helping to regulate your metabolism.
- Potatoes – Boiled, chipped or fried potatoes are a staple in most diets, a good source of carbs and starch they promote bone health, help to balance electrolytes in the body and supports heart function. The best news is you are probably already eating them!
- Green peas – Eat your peas! Not just a made-up story they are good for you! Look out for the giant! Promoting healthy eyes and skin, they improve your immune system, support good blood clotting and helps to balance electrolytes in the body.
- Apples – They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away for a good reason, they promote eye health, help with tissue regeneration, balance blood sugar (insulin), preventing anaemia, supporting bone and heart health.
- Sultanas – Find it in muesli or the dried fruit aisle, add to stews or just eat a handful, these grapes have superpowers. Supporting the immune system, they also help with iron absorption and prevent anaemia.
If you would like to grab a copy of my book and support my writing it is available in both print and kindle version check out the links below. Donate to your favourite charity when you buy my book using Amazon Smile!